Los Angeles Walks:
Promotes walking and pedestrian infrastructure in Los Angeles,
Educates Angelenos and local policymakers concerning the rights and needs of pedestrians of all abilities, and
Fosters the development of safe and vibrant walking environments for all people.
- LA Vision Zero Alliance
- Safe Routes for Seniors
- Walk This Way / Caminale
- Hey I'm Walking Here! / ¡Ay, Estoy Caminando!
Our strategies for effecting change include:
- Raising awareness of walking in LA, and reminding people that we are all pedestrians.
- Ensuring LA spends the pedestrian and transportation dollars it already has and seeks further funding to improve the safety of our streets for people of all abilities.
- Producing and supporting events that encourage Angelenos to have fun on foot in LA!
- Growing the pedestrian advocacy movement in Los Angeles by building Los Angeles Walks into a strong and professional organization that brings a diversity of stakeholders into our leadership team and future staff.