Los Angeles Walks:
- Trains and mobilizes people to advocate for safe, accessible, and equitable walking environments in LA,
- Promotes walking and pedestrian infrastructure in Los Angeles,
- Educates local policymakers concerning the rights and needs of pedestrians of all abilities,
- Partners with community groups to reimagine public space, and
Fosters the development of safe and vibrant walking environments for all people.
Our Campaigns and Projects
- Kid-Friendly Neighborhoods
- Safe Routes for Seniors
- SoCal Families for Safe Streets
- Neighborhood Block Parties
- LA Vision Zero Alliance
- Walk This Way / Caminale
Our strategies for effecting change include:
- BUILD POWER by training and mobilizing a broad constituency for safe, accessible walking conditions across Los Angeles, particularly in historically neglected neighborhoods.
- SHIFT CULTURE by amplifying the voices of those most severely impacted by traffic collisions and dangerous street design, and by collaborating with community members to reclaim public space for people.
- DEVELOP Los Angeles Walks into a representative, strong, stable organization that brings a diversity of stakeholders into our leadership team, staff, and board.