Los Angeles Walks:
Promotes walking and pedestrian infrastructure in Los Angeles,
Educates Angelenos and local policymakers concerning the rights and needs of pedestrians of all abilities, and
Fosters the development of safe and vibrant walking environments for all people.
Our Campaigns and Projects
- LA Vision Zero Alliance
- SoCal Families for Safe Streets
- Safe Routes for Seniors
- Walk This Way / Caminale
Our strategies for effecting change include:
- Raise awareness of walking in LA, and reminding people that we are all pedestrians.
- Ensure LA spends the pedestrian and transportation dollars it already has and seeks further funding to improve the safety of our streets for people of all abilities.
- Produce and support events that encourage Angelenos to have fun on foot in LA!
- Grow the pedestrian advocacy movement in Los Angeles by building Los Angeles Walks into a strong and professional organization that brings a diversity of stakeholders into our leadership team and future staff.